Sunday, August 31, 2008

More

We had such a great time camping. I will elaborate more in a later post. For now, I am letting you all know that we decided to leave the tents up. We are about to head back up there, this time with the kids, and are going to spend one more night before tearing everything down. The kids are really excited and this is turning out to be a really great Labor Day weekend.

Also, two of the singers in the praise band were out of town this week so I was invited to sing with the praise band. I was excited and nervous. Our church has no shortage of musical talent. During prayer time this morning I specifically asked God to help me hear my part and to be confident in it. Through one of the other band members God said "Loose yourself in Me and you will find what you are seeking".

I don't think that what God said only relates to my singing. As we loose ourselves in Christ, as we give more and more of ourselves to Him, we find what we are seeking. My bible study this morning (I'm sorry some of you are getting tired of hearing that=)) said it like this: We are pleased with too little. God has so much more for us, yet we settle for so little of Him.

Let's loose ourselves in Christ, and in doing so find the abundance that He has to give.

More of You, Lord.

More of You.

Bridget
"How sweet all at once it was for me to be rid of those fruitless joys which I had once feared to lose!...You drove them from me, You who are the true, the sovereign joy. You drove them from me and took their place, You who are sweeter than all pleasure." St. Augustine

"We are half-hearted creatures, fooling around with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go one making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased." C.S. Lewis

2 comments:

R.C. said...

Don't apologize for your Bible study; not everyone does one, and what you have to say from it is sometimes all the Bible study some receive.

Great quotes. There's a song in there somewhere. ;)

I love you.

Tobias Valdez said...

I agree...don't apologize!! It is a testimony to all who read it! The quotes are brilliant. And I know I told you already, but you did a great job during worship! I'm glad you are there and I'm looking forward to this Sunday too!!