Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy 10th Birthday, Bobo!

Saturday was Bobo's 10th birthday. I tried all day to think of what I wanted to say to him on this blog and words just failed me. I love him more than words can say and am so very proud of him. You can check out what my husband said here.

Saturday was also very busy. We had a friend's birthday party to attend from 2-4 in a town about 40 minutes away, the family dinner and party around 5:30, and then the friends coming over for the slumber party around 7. I'm still recovering.

Bobo wanted a Superhero birthday party. No superhero in particular, just any and all superheros. A friend lent us the decorations and all the boys came in costumes or wore one of ours.

Bobo was the Red Power Ranger, Bear was Iron Man, Popeye was the White Power Ranger, and Princess was Super Girl. These are also their Halloween costumes.

We (aka my MIL) purchased a life size Batman and Iron Man for the party. Here she is with Batman. We opened presents once everyone got there. Then we watched Spiderman while we waited for it to get dark outside. This is a pic of the kids eating and waiting.
We had them draw numbers to determine teams. Two players on a team and three teams. Plus, RC and our friend Chris (his wife Heather was there also) were a team. There were bases and freezing and lots of running and laughing. Heather and I were the judges and team RC and Chris won.=)
Team Blue
Team Green Team Red
Then we had a ring toss. Team Red won. Then we checked shoes for dog poop and not a single person stepped in any! Woohoo! With two dogs the chances of 10 pairs of clean shoes is slim! Then we watched Spiderman 2. After that the kids got dressed for bed and this is what was happening at 11:00pm right before RC and I went to bed.
We put on a cartoon superhero show and told them to play quietly. After an hour of LOTS of laughter I made them turn the lights off and be quiet. This is what it looked like at 7:30 am. I made cinnamon rolls and they got ready for church. Yes, I got all my children PLUS three extras ready for church and to praise band practice at 8:30 am! Popeye and Princess slept at Grandma and Granddad's. Bobo said it was the best slumber party ever.
I'm very glad he thought so.
Bridget

1 comment:

fivemjs said...

Happy Birthday Buddy!