Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Bobo!

My #1 son turned 10 this past Saturday. Wow. He's so old. And he's getting so big. The circumstances surrounding his birth and early years were not so great, but he is my pride and joy. Well, one of them anyway. He is awesome! Below are 10 of my favorite memories from his first 10 years (in chronological order - as best as I remember it)

  1. his birthday (born in OKC on September 27, 1998 - I was a very proud dad)


  2. it took him forever to sleep through the night (I mean forever - thankfully, we learned from him and had the others sleeping through the night within a few weeks)


  3. he once stuck some keys in an electrical socket outside my office in KY (I could hear him hitting the wall with the keys, but didn't think about a socket until he got real quiet before he started crying really loudly)


  4. he would pronounce the letter W "double doo!" (he spent a weekend or something with my parents who taught him his letters - that one was his favorite)


  5. he loved the American flag (he always shouted "A flag! A flag! A flag!" until we finally acknowledged that he was seeing a flag)


  6. he was George Washington in a school "play" (I think it was President's Day or something in either the first or second grade - he read a few lines)


  7. he had to have glasses (there was a prophet at our church who was healing some people of eye problems - glasses, etc., he stood for a moment, then sat down and said that he liked his glasses)


  8. his violin recital (he's really gifted)


  9. playing baseball (he had the highest on base percentage on the team, because he kept walking, and he was a pretty decent second baseman)


  10. his prophetic word (wow, what a word spoken over him - if you want to hear it, make your request known in writing and send $1 to.... - just kidding about the dollar, but it's worth hearing, just not on this blog - sorry)




There they are. My wife calls him Bobo on her blog, so we will too. Happy birthday, Bobo! I love you, buddy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's a great kid! We enjoyed having him and the other brother (can't remember what Bridget calls him on her blog) over after church! I'm glad our kids get along, that helps when we have those get together things.

Happy Birthday Bobo!!