Monday, October 6, 2008

I Didn't Know My Own Strength

This morning I broke a window with my bare hand.

At the time I didn't think I was reacting in anger. I was trying to get my daughter's attention because she was outside making a mud puddle with the running water hose.

At 8:15 am.

The boys had finished feeding and watering the dogs and they forgot to bring their sister in with them.

I have knocked on this window MANY times in the past to get the children's attention. But this morning was the fateful day. I guess there was some anger in my reaction and I knocked harder than usual because, tap, tap, tap...tap, tap, break. And to be completely honest, right before the tap that did me in the thought that I could possibly break the window flew through my mind. But my hand was already in motion.

I didn't think to take pictures till after my father-in-law had removed the rest of the glass so I had Bobo pose for a picture so you could better see the window with no glass. (no, I don't know why all of this is underlined.)


Of course, Bear wanted his picture taken too.
My father-in-law working his magic.
I did sustain a couple of small injuries. Nothing serious and the big bandage is only because of where the cut is. The regular bandaids wouldn't stay on well.
My father-in-law happened to have a piece of glass the exact size needed and was able to fix the window right away. Good as new.


Thank you so much, Ronny, for coming over quickly and for not making me feel any more stupid than I already did. I love you.

Bridget

2 comments:

fivemjs said...

Remind me not to make you mad.

Anonymous said...

I like your new curtains! Please come over and redo my house!
Love,
Rochelle