Wednesday, January 6, 2010

B.I.D.I.A.

Ten years ago we lived in Danville, KY and had only one child. I decided to try my hand at selling Mary Kay cosmetics. It didn't quite take but I did learn one thing that has stuck with me since.

I went to a MK conference with other MK Consultants in a nearby city. The speakers were great and very motivating. Unfortunately, the motivation didn't make it home with me. However, one speaker talked about B.I.D.I.A. and I have never forgotten it. It stands for:

BUT I DID IT ANYWAY

Here's the premise. As we go throughout our day we come upon things we NEED to do to accomplish our goals yet we don't FEEL like doing them.

B.I.D.I.A.

I didn't feel like sitting down and reading with my kindergartner - BIDIA

I didn't want to clean my bathrooms today - BIDIA

I was tired and didn't want to walk on the treadmill - BIDIA

The list of ways to apply B.I.D.I.A. are infinite. Like the one my husband just suggested:

I was tired and didn't want to "spend time" with my husband - BIDIA

The thing is I always feel so much better after making myself do the thing I think I don't really want to do. And by doing those things that are fine on a to do list but in reality we always put off
we actually might find that in a month or two or three we've accomplished the things we've been trying to accomplish for years.

Like losing weight, or getting in shape, or organizing our house, or strengthening our relationships.

So this is the Babione6 year of B.I.D.I.A.

I even framed it and hung it in our bedroom. We can't miss it there. And I'm sure now Husband is going to remind me of it ALOT. =)

Bridget

1 comment:

"Quotesy" said...

In The Bedroom???!!! How could you?! Now my husband testifies that you are brilliant and that I need to be more like you! Lol Truthfully I would have to agree with him. You are brilliant! Except mine in going in the bathroom where the washer and dryer are! Haha