Monday, January 25, 2010

National Soup Month

January is National Soup Month.

I decided that it was only appropriate that I share a soup recipe. I would have loved to have some pictures of the soup to go along with this post but alas I do not. Life got in the way.

Taco Soup

1 small onion
2 pounds hamburger meat
2 cans corn
2 cans dark red kidney beans
2 cans pinto beans
2 cans sliced stewed tomatoes
1 can rotel original
1 package taco seasoning
1 package dry ranch dressing
2 tablespoons sugar

Dice the onion and put it in a large pot with the hamburger meat to brown. After draining the browned meat and onions pour all other ingredients into pot. Do not drain any of the cans! Then let the soup heat on the stove for 30 to 45 minutes so all the flavors can mingle and get to know one another. This soup is fabulous with corn bread, sprinkled with cheese, tortilla chips, or tortillas. (I usually eat mine with cornbread mixed in it like chili.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds great, and Iam definately trying this. Thanks for sharing it, bridgette.

"Quotesy" said...

This is a Grrrreat recipe! Bridge shared this jewel with our family and now I can't get enough. It's on my top ten list for 'easiest and incredibly delicious meals to make for the clan'. Might I say, you are brilliant (minus the right eye thing.)