Monday, January 18, 2010

The Princess Room Pt. 1

We bought a new mattress.

Finally.

You see, for the past two years we have been sleeping on a mattress purchased by my MIL at a second hand furniture store. We have a memory foam topper with a feather topper on that, but it's still not great. More often than not, Hubs and I wake up achy.

So, since we are getting a new mattress (and new bed rails for it to sit on) we decided to give our full size bed to Princess. This way, when guests come to visit (mainly my sisters) they can sleep in with Princess and Princess won't have to sleep on the floor or in with Popeye in a twin sized bed.

It's brilliant, really.

I've really been wanting to redecorate Princess' bedroom and decided that moving things around for her 'new' bed would be the perfect time. (Some of you avid B6 readers are thinking "Haven't you already decorated Princess' bedroom?" the answer to that question is: yes I decorated her bedroom, but then we played musical bedrooms and now she is in what used to be her brother's bedroom and Popeye and Bear are in what used to be hers.)

Remember: this used to be a bedroom for boys. Hence the color choices.
First before. I actually remembered to take pictures before I started taking everything apart. =)
I took pics from every corner of the room so you could get a very detailed view of the hideousness that my daughter has been living in.

It is so bad that I have absolutely no motivation for cleaning it up. This was how it was looking most of the time. And, no, I don't let my daughter play with power tools. Those were for me.

Last corner pic. The red leather chair came out of the batcave. When we moved Bobo in there we didn't have room for it so Princess got it. It made finding fabric interesting because her favorite color is pink and so I had to find something with both pink and red in it.
But don't worry! I found something perfect! But you're gonna have to wait for it.

So, Friday night (actually a week ago from last Friday) I got everything off the walls, everything moved into the middle of the room, and the trim taped and prepped for painting. Then I went to bed.
Bridget

1 comment:

"Quotesy" said...

Yes, you are extremely brilliant!!! But do you have a 'perfect' right eye?