Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy 50th, Mom!!!

OK, so surely by the title you know what this post is going to be about. My mom's b-day isn't till tomorow, 2-16, but I won't be able to post this first thing in the morning (see post above) so I decided to post it early. I don't get to see my mom on her birthday so I have decided to write her a love post.

Mom - here are 50 things that I love about you!

1. You (along with dad) are the one who led me to Jesus

2. You are my biggest fan

3. You went without so I could do all those extra activities

4. You were at all my extra activities

5. You were my 10th grade geometry teacher

6. You were my cheerleading coach

7. You are 50 and can still do amazing toe touches!

8. You can't ever just sneeze once. It must be in a grouping of 4 or more

9. Your sneezes are LOUD

10. You married a guy with nice hair =)

11. You sang with me in the car when I was a kid

12. You love shopping for pageant dresses

13. You filled out all my pageant apps

14. You took me to all my pageants

15. You had leg slapping contests with me in the car at lunch

16. You taught at the highschool I went to (still do)

17. You let me keep my books in your classroom instead of my locker

18. You let me eat lunch with you

19. You let me not eat lunch with you

20. You were aware of the gifts God had given me way before I was

21. You gave me sisters

22. You let my friends hang out at our house

23. You let us sleep with you when dad was traveling

24. You would let me stay home from school if I had a really exhausting week

25. You let us see you reading the Bible

26. You took us to Sunday School and church

27. You went with us to Sunday School and church

28. You love my children

29. You would lay out on the trampoline during your lunch break

30. You picked up Andre for school everyday

31. You picked up Mike for church on Sunday and Wednesday

32. I (everyone) can see the difference God is making in your life

33. You taught me to serve others by example

34. You love dad

35. You respect dad

36. My kids call you TamTam

37. You taught me how to clean

38. You took us swimming almost everyday in the summer

39. You were home with us every summer

40. Your love language is service

41. You're a great mother-in-law (RC added this one)=)

42. You root for Oklahoma State

43. You root for Oklahoma State even though you cheered at Oklahoma University

44. You love diet coke

45. You instilled in us the motto: "You are blessed so be a blessing" (Andrea helped with this one)

46. You continued to spot Andrea's tumbling after her elbow hit you in the eye not once, not twice, but THREE times. (Andrea helped with this one, too)

47. You and Kara look just alike

48. You like naps now!

49. You (and dad) opened your home up to Nana

50. You love to laugh (particularly at yourself)

I love you, mom! I'm so glad God gave me you! Hope your day (tomorrow) is great!!!

No comments: