Tuesday, February 5, 2008

San Antonio

We had a GREAT time in San Antonio! It was a fun mini vaca and God just kept showing up! Tears are stinging my eyes right now as I think about it. Our VERY BIG God chose to meet with us in very regular ways all weekend!!! How GREAT He is!

My mom called me on the Thursday a week before we were to leave on Friday. So on Friday morning during my prayer time I asked God if it was His will for me to go. I asked Him to give me an answer soon so that if His answer was no my sister would have time to make other plans. During my prayer time God reminded me that my sister-in-law lived in San Antonio (no, it hadn't crossed my mind before then) and I felt a peace about moving forward with the plans. Then, Wednesday night at our Life Group the Pastor was leading it b/c our leaders were sick and He talked about going to see the Ten Tenors group and how God wants us to do fun things and I felt like God was confirming that He was taking me to San Antonio for a fun weekend with my sisters, my daughter, and Him. Our God is not all business and this weekend was a reminder for me. In one of the small towns we went through on the way down there was a hair salon located inside a Union Pacific freight car. My dad is an Engineer for Union Pacific and just got a promotion to be a Manager of Engineers. Anywho...we felt a picture was necessary.=)

This is our dinner stop at McDonald's on the way down. I told Princess to scoot next to Kara for a picture and Princess put her arm around Kara, put her cheek next to Kara's and said 'cheese!' She's got the girlfriends pose down already.

On Saturday morning we headed to the airport to pick up another cheerleader (Alicia) and then headed down town for lunch with the team. We arrived early so we walked through the Alamo and around the Riverwalk. Yes, I dressed Princess like me. What can I say? I'm very proud of my daughter and wanted everyone to know she was mine.=)
We ate lunch at a restaurant called Dick's Last Resort. If you don't know anything about this restaurant then let me tell you. The staff is mean. Yes, I'm serious. They tease you and yell at you and this is their 'thing'. Well, we weren't really excited about eating there, but it ended up being pretty fun. They really are mean in the nicest way. They make hats out of big rolls of paper and write insulting things on them then put them on people's heads. This is a picture of one of our waiters and the hat he made for Princess. It says: Princess Poopie Pants =) Princess loved it!
This is Kara's picture with her hat. It says 'Sometimes I pee when I laugh'. He made me one too, but me head is so big it wouldn't stay together. Mine said 'I'm in heat.' Haha.
Here is Princess with Aunt Molly. Notice the fuzzy blue slippers. This is one place God showed up. That morning when we went downtown for lunch I didn't realize that the shoes I had put on Princess were too small and she got blisters on her heals from all the walking. Well, even her shoes that fit hurt and so when we got to the competition we found these slippers for sale for $10.00. They fit her perfectly, didn't hurt her heels, and saved our backs! As I'm writing this Princess is standing next to me pointing to the screen and saying 'Jimmy!'. That is Molly's husbands name and for some reason Princess has started calling Molly Jimmy. She can say Molly just fine and will when we tell her to, but she just loves calling Molly Jimmy instead. =)
Here we are at 9:30 pm waiting for Kara and Alicia to meet us at the top of the escalators. The cheer team did great at prelims, but we are very tired!!! Kara brought her very first cheer uniform for Princess to wear at the competition. Princess loved having a shirt like KK's!!
Here we are Sunday afternoon after the awards. Kara's team won! Yeah!! The jacket Kara has on is the jacket they give the winning teams. It says National Champion! This is Kara and Alicia's SEVENTH jacket! Amazing! On Saturday at the competition I spent alot of time tallking with God about church the next morning. When we were making the plans it looked like it was gonna work out for us to go to church with Molly Sunday morning and then go to the competition after. Well, when we got there we realized it would not be so. I really wanted to go to church and was asking God what He wanted me to do. Church or Cheer? Saturday night after the competition Kara had all the information and we realized the It would work out for Kara and Alicia to drop Princess and I off at church (Molly is the Youth Pastor and has to be there way early) and then Molly would let me drive her car down to the competition. Praise God! He worked out a way to do both. Then when I got downtown I asked God to help me park near Kara. I couldn't get a hold of Kara to find out where she had parked b/c our original parking plans didn't work out. I never saw Kara's car and wasn't even sure she was in the same lot, but trusted God would work it out. Even if we got in Molly's car and I drove them to theirs. After the competition we were walking to our cars and you guessed it! We were parked 5 spots from each other! Can I get a GLORY! Alamodome parking lots don't even faze our God! Also, by the time I got there on Sunday they had stopped making you pay for parking! Free Parking!!! Yippey!
Here is Princess and Kenna! BFFs!!!! On our way home on Monday we stopped in Waco. What a blessing! We only got to see Marianne, Marlee, and Makenna but it was wonderful. Way back in the day when I only had Bobo and Bear and Marianne only had Micah we literally spent every day together. She would either come to my house at 10am with a lunch for her and Micah or I would go to her house with a lunch for my crew. It didn't take us long to become best friends from the first time we met and though God has moved us far apart He continues to keep us close at heart. The last time we saw each other was September 27, 2005. I was very pregnant with Princess and on my way back to Montgomery, TX from OK. Over two years, folks! This was Marianne's first time to see Princess in person. It was hard to leave, but God is good and I'm trusting He will continue to keep us together and perhaps even will us to live near each other again someday.=)
Here we are: Marianne, Makenna, Marlee, Me, and Micaiah! Yes, I know I just put her name. It won't become a habit but with all the Ms I wanted to.
God was with us and making His presence known the whole time. These are only some of the things He did. If you've never taken a trip with God then make sure to invite Him along next time. Or better yet, wait until He invites you on one with Him. I gaurantee it will be a blast!!!
It was a great trip, but I'm glad to be home! Thanks for praying for us! It was a huge blessing!









1 comment:

Laughing Momma said...

Yeah for a good trip...
April