Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I know that I am a day late, but I am celebrating Valentine's Day today. RC's parent's booked us a night's stay at the brand new Hampton Inn in town for tonight! I'm so excited! I get to sleep in! We are gonna go see Fool's Gold and then eat at Applebee's. I can hardly wait!

My friend, Marianne, posted this story on her blog. I am stealing it for mine. Enjoy.

The Legend of Saint Valentine says that there was a Christian named Saint Valentinus who lived during the reign of the pagan emperor Claudius II Gothicus. Valentinus continued to worship the Lord and continued his Christian practices even though Claudius ordered that all of Rome worship idols.
There was a jailer for Claudius who as a last resort, came to Valentinus in hopes that he could help his little daughter, Julia, who was blind. Valentinus did all he could and quickly developed a sweet friendship with the little girl. She had a quick mind and Valentinus taught her arithmetic, history, and of GOD.
"Valentinus, does GOD really hear our prayers?" Julia said one day. "Yes, my child, He hears each one, "he replied.
"Do you know what I pray for every morning and every night? I pray that I might see. I want so much to see everything you've told me about!"
"GOD does what is best for us if we will believe in HIM," Valentinus said.
"Oh, Valentinus, I do believe," Julia said intensely. "I do." She knelt and grasped his hand. They sat quietly together, each praying.
Valentinus was arrested and imprisoned because of his Christian faith. On the eve of his death he asked for a pen and paper and wrote a note to Julia. When the jailer went home, he was greeted by his little girl. The little girl opened the note and discovered a yellow crocus inside. The message said, "From your Valentine." As the little girl looked down upon the crocus that spilled into her palm she saw brilliant colors for the first time in her life! The girl's eyesight was restored! It was a miracle!

No comments: