Thursday, February 28, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday was wonderful! We had a get to know the doctor appointment (our last family doctor left town in Nov. to live closer to his daughter). Then we went to Walmart to get highlighters. The two big boys have decided that they need to start highlighting verses in their new Bibles. Like I can say no to that. While at Walmart RC called me and asked if I wanted to go eat lunch at Applebee's for my birthday. I replied that I didn't think we had enough money to go there and he said that a friend from the church had just brought by a $25 gift card to there. It wasn't for my birthday, but RC was willing to spend it on me!=) I had the smothered, grilled chicken and the loaded mashed potatoes! It was GOOD! You might be thinking "I thought God had freed you from overeating?" Well, He has and I was perfectly content eating only half of the food on my plate and taking the rest home for later. Then of course they brought out desert for my birthday (yes, RC told them) and the kids shared the desert and I had two bites at the end. It was such a joy to be able to go to a restaurant, eat what I wanted, and leave without a hint of defeat or condemnation. God is so good!

After Princess had her nap we went outside to play. The day was literally perfect. I'm not sure of the temperature, but none of us wore jackets and there was hardly any wind and lots of sun. Bobo has been trying to learn to ride his bike without training wheels for a while now. I know, it is ridiculous that my third grader doesn't know how and I am fully aware that it is my fault. Frankly, with my anger issues our practice sessions never ended well and I stopped wanting to practice. I think Bobo did too. So, yesterday I remembered some advice a friend had given me about teaching her son to ride his bike. I took the training wheels off Bear's bike (smaller) and Bobo practiced on it. Within two tries he was riding like a champ! Yay for no training wheels!

Also, Bear has mastered the art of tying his own shoes! This is something we make a big deal of and he is very proud of himself.

My husband came home to lots of goodies in the mail that he had ordered with our tax return (more info in a future post) and my MIL got me a strawberry cake for us to celebrate with at dinner!!! It was one of the best strawberry cakes I've had, YUM! (and I'm gonna have another piece tonight=))

After dinner we went to life group and I knew that God wanted me to share my story. Well, the ice breaker question was "What has God done in your life recently?" Ha! God was not going to let me get by without sharing! It was wonderful to share my story with our new "family" because back in January I had asked them to pray for me concerning my strongholds and they were thrilled to hear of God's faithfulness! Life group really has become that for us: "LIFE". Being in community with other believers who can share burdens and victories and life. Thank you, Jesus!

This was without a doubt the best birthday I've had!

One last thing...I mentioned Galations 5:1 in my last post, but I didn't post all of it. It says: It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

This is my prayer, that I stand firm. I refuse to wear the yoke of slavery again. Please join me in praying this for me! You cannot know how much I covet your prayers! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

No comments: