Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!!

Yay! I'm 29! =)

RC leaves for work at 5am every morning and I haven't been getting up till 5:30am so we don't see each other in the morning anymore. But...this morning when I got up and came out to my desk to have my quiet time there was a sweet note on my computer! It said:

Roses are red
Your eyes are blue
Just wanted to say
Happy Birthday!...

And I love you!

I know! He is very sweet and affectionate! God knew that I relied alot on affection and chose my husband accordingly.=)

Well, I just have to say it again PRAISE GOD, I'M FREE!!!!!

This is without doubt one of, if not the, best birthday I have had so far! So if the Son sets you free, YOU WILL BE FREE INDEED! John 8:36

I was thinking about something last night because ever since I wrote the previous post I have had multiple sensations of fear and an urgency to delete the post. Obviously, the fear is not of God b/c God does not give a spirit of fear. (1 Tim 2:7) It is still hard for me b/c I can so easily picture you all thinking I am ridiculous.

Anywho...back to my thought last night. If I was battling some horrible disease, or had been badly injured you all (I think) would be reading this blog eagerly awaiting the post that shouted: "I'M HEALED!" Well, folks, that is what has happened! I am free from strongholds (diseases) that have kept me from living the abundant life that God has for me in Christ Jesus! Halelujah!

I will never stop talking about this b/c I have lived life on the other side way to long and am way to familiar with it! Praise God He has set me free and I can live (God willing) much longer in freedom than I did in captivity! All I can say is "GLORY!"

You must know, You must know (Pride and Prejudice) that this freedom is for ALL!
Galations 5:1 It is for FREEDOM that Christ has set us free!
Paraphrase(by Beth Moore): Don't you realize that Christ gave up everything so that you could be free?
And After the temptation of Jesus in the desert He returns "in the power of the Holy Spirit" and at Nazareth goes into the Temple to teach. He is handed the scrolls and opens them to what we know as Isaiah 61:1 "The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim FREEDOM for the captives and RELEASE from darkness for the prisoners."
This is what I know deep down into my marrow...God wants to set you free! If God can and will set me free I KNOW that He will do the same for you! You are NOT the exception!!!! God will set you free! If you want to talk to me more about this then shoot me an email so we don't share more than we're supposed to.:)

Maybe God already has set you free. Praise His Holy Name! If so, please, please, please share your story with us! Take the two minutes to set up a Google account and leave a comment so others can rejoice AND witness God's faithfulness!!!

Yay for being 29 and Yay more for being free!

P.S. sorry I used so many caps and bolding and exclamation points. I'm a little excited. (As if you couldn't tell)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bridget!! Don't worry, no birthday has been as devastating to me as 25 so 29 and so on should be a breeze. :) I just wanted you to know that I read your blog often, if not daily. And I always go back and read any that I have missed. It is fun to see the kids growing up and to get a glimpse into the heart of a woman who CHOSE to marry a guy that I have known for a long time to be crazy! :) RC definitely "married up." My husband says that all smart men do. I want to encourage you in your transformation into a woman after God's heart. It is ongoing and sometimes challenging. I speak from experience. I admire your transparency with those of us reading along. The one thing I can share with you without hesitation is that God is faithful. He is faithful in his provision, his timing, his discipline and his love. He is faithful in all things. Keep seeking after Him and everything else will follow. HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!
Jeana

Laughing Momma said...

Bridget,
This past week I have really been struggling with the direction that God whats me to go. I have felt like I was like a leaf dangling on the very edge, ready to be carried away without my consent. I have had a death grip holding on for dear life and each post you have written this week has been such an encouragment to me. So refreshing and such a lifeline.
Thank you for speaking truth and for sharing your heart. Thank you for sharing your view from the mountain top as it reminds me that I will be there again soon.
Happy Birthday!!!

April