Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Distractions

1 Corinthians 2:9
No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him.

I talked about focus in my post titled Focus (what else?) and I talked about simplicity in my post titled Goodbye 2007. God just won't let me go with these two. Here are two paragraphs from my Bible study Believing God by Beth Moore:


Oh, If only we’d follow and not run ahead or lag behind! Just follow. Our perceptions have been so distorted by our world system that we fear God’s path may be right and respectable, but it’s sure to be boring. Does that sound like the life described in 1 Corinthians 2:9? The only way we will have an earthly experience with God that is more than ears have heard, eyes have seen, and minds have ever imagined is to walk with Him. God has promised never to leave us or forsake us. If we persist in our own way, the Spirit of God will accompany us (Ps 139:7-10), but we will walk ourselves right into a place we may as well call less-than land, the place of God’s permissive will. When we choose to walk with God rather than off the path to handfuls of other options, we find His perfect will for our lives. We find our promised land.

I have discovered that if Satan can’t get to me with destruction, he will try to get to me with distraction. We have only one turn on this green earth. We will never get to do this again. We cannot do a hundred things to the glory of God, but we can certainly do a few. What you and I need is focus. Day in and day out. Eyes on the goal. In our frenzied lifestyles we are desperate for simplicity: for a hundred things to narrow down to one.

God has narrowed things down for me. My children are my ministry priority. It scares me a little how much I've let this world convince me that this task is boring and little fun. No wonder so many moms choose work outside the home. I am at home and I find myself believing the same thing. Not any more. My children are precious and priceless and will be out of my home before I know it. I will NOT believe the world's lies anymore. God has prepared more than I can imagine for us and I am going to be diligent in obedience so I won't miss it. Just following. Not lagging behind or running ahead. Part of my obedience is to stop being on the computer (distractions) so much and spend more time with my kids just playing. I am going on a small computer fast and so I won't be posting anything else until sometime next week.

I have heard a saying:
The biggest impact a mother can have on the world is through her children.

Before I go: please continue to pray for Makenna. The doctor has ordered blood work. He thinks maybe it is time to change the dosage of medicines due to Kenna growing. Also, he thinks that these right side seziures could just be things rewiring. My Nana's surgery went good, but the area was too narrow and they weren't able to put the stint in. Not sure what happens now. Please pray for Me and the girls as we travel to San Antonio. I'm so excited! I think we're gonna stop in Waco on the way home and see Marianne, Makenna, Matt, Micah, and Marlee!!! Yay!

The more I'm giving to Jesus the more He is giving to me! As my Bible study says:
You can NEVER outspend God!!!

Blessings!

2 comments:

Laughing Momma said...

Bridget,
What a great post!!! I have been thinking about so many of the same things...should I venture to guess that you were convicted, like I, after the past two LPM posts??? I was so glad that she followed the "What keeps you in bondage?" post with "What have you been set free from?" post. After all the bondage entries, I was overwhelmed with such a sense, I am not alone. And I was so joyful to be able to journey in the joyful as well.
The computer and FoxNews are like background noise in my life...And I have decided to clear out the background to be able to focus on the foreground.
Hope you have a safe trip.
April

Laughing Momma said...

Just checking to see if you had a safe trip.

Have a good day!!

April