Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, My Love! (and my BFF)

Before I begin I need to add something to my story about the dentist visit yesterday. Last spring when I got my teeth cleaned the dentist in Montgomery took x-rays and looked at my tooth. He told me that I needed a root canal or I needed to have it pulled. When I assumed those were my two options I wasn't self diagnosing, I had been told by a professional those were my options. Hence, the miracle when God provided another option. And a cheaper, less painful one at that!

Today is my husbands birthday!!!! He is 32 and getting hotter by the year! I'm not kidding! After lessons this morning the kids and I went to Dollar Tree and bought him some presents.:-)
Then we went and picked him up from work and took him to eat. He chose Benny's Pizza which also serves mexican food so it is a win-win for all of us. And the food is really good! We have Life Group tonight, a break tomorrow, and then Bear's Birthday on Saturday! We are going to try to go see the new Veggie Tales movie "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" tomorrow night to celebrate and then Bear is having some friends over Sat. afternoon. Fun stuff!

Also, My best friend turns 30 today!!! Happy Birthday, Marianne!! I love you! Isn't it neat how my husband's and my best friend's birthdays are on the same day?! I think so!

Something God is speaking to me right now: Romans 4 talks about how God credits FAITH to us as righteousness, not works. Isaiah 64:6 tells us that our good works are like filthy rags. Nothing we do can ever be good enough to make us righteous. We must believe God who put our unrighteousness on His Son and put His Son's righteousness on us. It is very hard for me to wrap my mind around and my eyes sting with tears when I think about it. God choosing to give me His righteousness. But I'm so unrighteous! Here's where I must choose to believe. I'm learning how important faith is and how little of it I actually have. Praying God grows our faith tremendously in 2008!

It was for us, too, assuring us that God will also declare us to be righteous if we believe in God, who brought Jesus our Lord back from the dead. Romans 4:23-24

No comments: